41 isn't too late, is it?

(13 Posts)
menchos Wed 27-Jul-16 11:41:45

I’m 41 and it’s high time to have a baby. Bet you agree. My friends and relatives are constantly moaning that I had to do it much earlier. Maybe they are right, but you know that feeling when you are sure you have so much time left and then you realize you’re 41 years old single. My husband was an entrepreneur and had businesses in a number of countries. His life included a lot of travelling and once he managed to find a better place to live. Of course, my story doesn’t have an amazing happy end but I taught myself to move on. Regardless of these let say “events”, my life didn’t come down to bitterness and tears only. My dream is to have a baby, small and at the same time the biggest part of my heart. You may say I’m desperate writing on such forums but I must make an attempt. I must put all my efforts into finding the solution. Now I’m considering all the variants. Maybe someone can consult me concerning IVF/IUI or surrogacy experience in Europe? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Vdara27024 Sun 31-Jul-16 20:41:09

Menchos, I am booked in for IVF at clinic in Czech Republic next month and very excited. All pre-tests have been easily conducted back home so not had to travel overseas before week of treatment. I am using Reprofit in Brno with British contact "MyIVFJourney" to arrange everything smoothly.

menchos Mon 01-Aug-16 08:01:34

Why did you choose exactly Czech Republic? Is it possible to get pregnant there at my age? And how long did you wait before all the procedures started?

closeyoureyes23 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:28:26

menchos, it is definitely possible, be sure. But it would be better to start as soon as possible because the whole process can take a while. It is still a question how many attempts you need to get pregnant + time needed to recover between attempts. For me personally it took 5 shots to get pregnant. So, it's up to you to decide. You have to do your best.

user1468929072 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:49:07

menchos- I highly recommend you check our eggdonationfriend that lists overseas invitro clinics that treat patients aged 40 and older. I think you should also read their ivf success stories (news section) and you will find out that everything is possible. Another good source is fertilityfriends, particularly inspiring threads of ladies aged 40+ and 50+ All the best with yr fertility journey xx

menchos Thu 04-Aug-16 08:30:43

Thank you. I will definitely take it into account. I've been told that there are good clinics in Ukraine. Is it really so? Has someone had any experience in this country?

slowandfrumpy Fri 05-Aug-16 00:06:54

Dear menchos
Hello
I don't know where you are based. I would suggest you make an appointment at a clinic ASAP first of all to check out your fertility... Check the hfea website for clinics. Once you have an idea of your fertility and whether or not you have any issues (eg low ovarian reserve/blocked Fallopian tubes etc) the doctors will discuss with you the best way to try and get pregnant. They are unlikely to reccomend iui at your age. Ivf has a higher success rate but the success rate is still not high with women over 40 (although by no means impossible). If you
Have a problem with your own eggs then you can look at egg or embryo donation.
Do bear in mind that at this point you should give careful consideration to whether or not you are willing to use donor soerm//eggs that are completely anonymous. This is illegal in the uk where children can, if they wish, learn the identity of the donor when they turn 18. Overseas is cheaper but is mainly completely anonymous. There are many reasons not to use a completely anonymous donor not least because of the high numbers of donor donor conceived adults who are against it. If you want to read more on the subject please feel free to pm Me. You could also consider joining the donor conception network.
good luck!!!!!!

menchos Fri 05-Aug-16 08:16:25

Hello, thank you for information.
The fact is that I've already undergone medical examination and different tests. In general my fertility is okay except for not high ovarian reserve, of course. But I was told that it's absolutely normal at my time of life. And that happens to every woman. When we get older the quality of our eggs goes down gradually. But you were right. They said iui is not the best way in my case. I think I should use ivf. It would be perfect to try with my own eggs at first. And in case of failure then i would be some kind of obliged to use donor eggs. But telling the truth I really hope to succeed on my eggs. I don't want donors'. I will get donor's sperm already. And that's enough.

Italiangreyhound Fri 05-Aug-16 10:46:29

Good luck Menchos. We got pregnant 2nd time with IUI with birth dd 11 years ago. We has treatment with donor eggs in UK through care clinics and it never worked for us. We adopted 2 years ago for number 2.

I don't know. Lot about overseas clinics but generally they are cheaper a d shorter wait.

I'cr heard a lot about Spain, Chech and Greece. Good luck.

menchos Fri 05-Aug-16 11:10:12

Thank you Italiangreyhound. It is always pleasant to get support. Forums provide me with it on the daily basis.
I will definitely consider these variants. I've heard a lot about Chech and Ukraine. It seems a lot of people came over there. My pen-friend was in Ukraine on surrogacy program and told me quite a lot about clinics there. But I don't know. Still thinking.

Chilipepper007 Tue 09-Aug-16 08:40:55

Hi. i've used services of Ukrainian clinic. but i applied for surrogacy as with 3 stage endo you can only hope that surrogacy will help. that's about me. it was almost a year ago but i still remember the clinic, doctors and managers. in general it was very important for me that the clinic would take care of us when we were in the country and, of course, our baby. and it was not so difficult for us to go through all papers and visa stages. we're from Scandinavia besides. if you want to know any details write me.
good luck!

menchos Wed 10-Aug-16 07:45:35

I'm looking for the clinic in Europe as I live in Europe and I think there would be no problems with travel documents too. And I see no reason for going overseas like US. Sorry for your problems, Chilipepper007. Sorry you had to go through this. I just haven't got. Have you already returned home? Was the process successful?
I think every clinic should take care of its patients. It would be strange if it doesn't. And how was it in Ukraine?
I'm 41 yo and I want to start right now. There is no more time to wait.

miamiaMo Wed 10-Aug-16 12:12:33

I have heard lot of insights on best Polish invitro clinics in Gdansk/Warsaw, they made lots of ladies preggo with professional treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now