Help! Fertility Clinics?

(16 Posts)
Alessia205 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:03:42

A fertility clinic in the UK or Ireland? We're from London, but we don't mind traveling to another country if it increases our chances of having a child.

fabulous01 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:09:20

If abroad go to serum in Athens. Fabulous clinic. Got my much wanted twins there.

Latenightreader Fri 29-Jul-16 00:02:55

I like knowing my clinic is near at hand so I can get there when I need to. I can take minimal time off, and if I need to speak to them at short notice, I can. I had to go back for an extra blood test after the initial consultation, and it was all very handy having them so close (I'm in Manchester). I think that having a clinic abroad would make me more anxious, it being more of a hassel to get there in a hurry. I expect it is different for everyone though...

SpottieOttie Tue 02-Aug-16 20:55:04

We are using CREATE. They have a London base but regional offices too. We chose them because they offer mild/natrual IVF and my wife has polycystic overies (sp?) which means more chance of reacting to the drugs with hyperstimulation (sp?!) so less drugs was good for us. They have been pretty good so far, been for an open day with a 10 min consultation, and then a proper consultation and scan/tests/mot type thing, and are starting our first IVF cycle next month.. .exciting...will let you know how the clinic is as we go along, but so far, no real complaints. We looked round a couple of others and felt the most comofrtable in terms of same sex accessibility with create too. Others were not discriminatory in any way, but just all the forms were very him/her and you have to keep explaining yourself and asking different questions etc, it felt more like they were expecting us at create and less uphill in that way. I know this isnt really relevant to you but we were looking for this sort of info and reading this type of thread so thought Id post all our experience so far! x
Good luck on your journey

menchos Thu 04-Aug-16 08:23:45

Has someone had experience with Ukrainian clinics? I've been told that there are a number of good ones.

scoobyloobyloo Thu 04-Aug-16 08:31:51

I used ARGC in London - some of the best results world wide. I live 5 hrs from it so moved there for 5 weeks for the treatment.

My 5 week old is snoozing next to me smile

Good luck.

miamiaMo Wed 10-Aug-16 12:15:11

Myself I know few successful stories from Gdansk/Poland

Tes01 Sat 13-Aug-16 20:34:23

Hi all,

I'm looking into using donor sperm through IVF at a clinic in London possibly Boston Place? Has anyone got any advice on using this clinic or where I should go to get the sperm donor.

Thanks

Tes

goinggrey1978 Thu 18-Aug-16 17:17:31

London woman's clinic in Harley street is fantastic as i'm currently 22 weeks pregnant, brilliant care throughout and there are paid parking spaces in and around the clinic too!!
i had to use donor eggs and donor sperm for my treatment, the London sperm bank is just underneath the London woman's clinic and there's lots of choice too!

Bugsylugs Thu 18-Aug-16 17:23:58

Difficult choices possibly depends on treatment you need whether regular IVF, or ICSI or donors whether primary or secondary infertility etc within England can look at HFEA for rates you can find facts and figures beware outside EU due to various reasons. Very hard journey what works for one may not work for another and really you need to compare like with like. Good luck

ncayley115 Thu 25-Aug-16 15:25:22

IVI Alicante x

Lambzig Sat 10-Sep-16 17:13:07

Instituto Marques in Barcelona are amazing with fantastic results. They have a satellite clinic in London so you only have to fly over for the actual egg collection and transfer.

Previously, we had had seven failed IVF attempts at other clinics and DD and DS are the result of our first and second attempts at IM. I have suggested there to so many friends/friends of friends and they have all been successful too.

anametouse Sat 10-Sep-16 17:20:13

Reprofit, Brno, Czech Republic

user1468929072 Sat 10-Sep-16 20:03:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

caflynn696 Wed 28-Sep-16 17:15:41

My partner and I are from Norway and we're looking for a clinic to have a baby. We don't mind traveling to another country if the clinic is really good.

Blocksta74 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:38:56

Reprofit, Brno in Czech Republic....so good ! Highly recommend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now