Child maintenance waiting for HMRC

(10 Posts)
rosietea Thu 17-Nov-16 13:52:30

So my ex husband never paid and even went on the dole to get away with paying the minimum.
He now apparently is in employment but I'm still not getting anything when I call CM they say they are wIting for info off hmrc how long can this go on for? Is there any thing I can do to speed it up?

everythingis Fri 18-Nov-16 19:27:34

When did you make your claim? I made mine in July it took until September for initial assessment then about another month while he appealed.

rosietea Fri 18-Nov-16 23:52:58

I first made my claim back in 2014 .. he has now gone from unemployed to employed and they are waiting for homecoming to provide de details so they can take the money owed as he has arrears also. But until homecoming shows up on there system.. nothing I'm afraid .. so frustrating

rosietea Fri 18-Nov-16 23:54:10

Hmrc not homecoming .. my phone doesn't like that word and keeps replacing it hmm

ladylambkin Fri 18-Nov-16 23:57:30

CmS can't put a Deductions from Earnings order on until they get a broadcast from.HMRC with your ex employer. Unfortunately if your ex is being paid cash in hand then no employer will come through...is this a possibility?

ladylambkin Fri 18-Nov-16 23:59:02

Once the request is made to HMRC a new broadcast will come through every 2 weeks. Another issue would be if he is self employed? Can't put a DEO on if he is

facebookrecruit Fri 18-Nov-16 23:59:41

Took us months to get a deductions of earnings applied to my dsds scumbag mother angry

rosietea Sat 19-Nov-16 10:38:55

No he's not self employed and has come off benefits and is in employment according to info that's come through to them but no hmrc info yet I phoned them again and they said it could be months .. I asked if they had a limit of time that could go by and they something would have to be done? They kind of said no .. because I don't know anything about my ex husband and he doesn't see the children I am in the dark about his new employment so just waiting and waiting ..

ladylambkin Sat 19-Nov-16 13:41:46

Op if CMS can't secure an employer so that a DEO can be put on they can consider other enforcement methods. ..do you know who he banks with? A regular deduction order could be set up ..this means they take the money direct from his account each month however you would need to know who he banks with and then CMS would approach the bank for disclosure if there is an active account with regular incoming transactions then they could consider RDO

rosietea Sun 20-Nov-16 17:29:21

Wouldn't they need the hmrc information first to do an award tho?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now