Financial agreement how it works?

(6 Posts)
LewisAH16 Fri 28-Oct-16 16:11:53

Just about to start mediation to sort out finances and childcare arrangements (2 x dds 6&8). He earns 3x as much as me (and his career is doing really well whearas mine fell behind). After child maintenance and day to day expenses are worked out will he still be allowed the rest of his wage (He's got expensive taste in suits despite not really needing it for his job and spends hundreds of pounds in cash a month God knows what on). Will i be entitled to a fair share of his disposable income or will he be able to keep that if my subsistance is accounted for (the kids and i have been very frugal thinking his spare cash was going into savings in his name but we would share). Also how do house maintenance costs get calculated (eg the roof needs mending!)

MrsBertBibby Fri 28-Oct-16 18:03:05

You really need to see a solicitor to go through all this. Mediation is far more likely to work if you have an idea what is reasonable and possible.

jeaux90 Fri 28-Oct-16 20:12:00

Lots of useful threads on here. The starting position is usually 50/50 split of assets (house) and savings.

You said will he be allowed the rest of his wages confusedconfusedconfused they are his after a fair an equitable split and child maintenance etc

MrsBertBibby Sat 29-Oct-16 09:45:34

ANd Jeaux's post is a perfect piece of misinformation, ignorance, and personal prejudice.

See a solicitor, they will get all the relevant information and advise you properly. Every case is different, and no one can advise you of your likely entitlement based on a few words on a talkboard.

jeaux90 Sat 29-Oct-16 10:06:52

All I said was after a fair and equitable split including what she needs then of course he gets the rest of his salary. Am I wrong about that? Of course she should go to the sol, why was I being prejudiced???

iminshock Sat 29-Oct-16 10:09:02

A lot depends on whether you are married.
Get proper legal advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now