Statement of Costs / Costs

(1 Post)
maybelemonade Tue 19-Jul-16 09:02:31

Hello.
Is there anyone out there who is a Costs Draftsperson please? Need help for this urgently.
Awful history.
I had a Final Hearing (after two hearings) and the other side produced a Statement of Costs. The Judge stated he wasn't going to look at them and granted my variation.
Unbeknownst to me, the other side asked Judge for a new Final Hearing. I turned up unprepared as I had no notice of their request to Judge.
Anyway, I got Costs against me, and at the Second Final Hearing the Costs went up again.
Now the other side are saying that at the First Final Hearing they didn't include the costs of the two previous hearings, yet at the Second Final Hearing, they are now including the costs for the two previous hearings.
Is that logically possible?

At the first Final Hearing, they had no idea that the matter would go further as it was a Final Hearing. At the second Final Hearing, which they instigated without notice to me, they are now saying they are back-dating their costs. Is that even allowable?

No legal help. CAB kindly did a good Points of Dispute but can't help further, however, they have top firm who are running rings around me bullying me to pay their amount rather than the amount suggested by CAB.

Please help. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now