Is this normal behaviour for a solicitor or is she cr@p!?

(7 Posts)
donners312 Mon 13-Jun-16 20:19:40

In the middle of a really toxic divorce due to narcissist/psycho ex.

But my solicitor just doesn't seem to be on the ball at all.

Has to always be reminded to file things on time and still doesn't do it and today we were meant to send him replies to his questions. I gave her the info straight after last court date and now it is the day we were meant to send it and she is asking me questions (after reminding her last week and today to send it to him)

Should I just do it myself - really reluctant due to the problem my ex has with lying it is very frustrating trying to deal with him but dealing with the solicitor isn't much easier and costing me GBP 15 K so far!!!

been told not to expect any money and he doesn't pay maintenance i could have got the same result i have now for cost of court fee!

millymollymoomoo Mon 13-Jun-16 20:41:38

Are there no assets at all to split? Or is it v short marriage? Why is the expectation that you won't get anything.

If there genuinely are none then diy. If there are then you should consider a change in solicitor.

donners312 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:01:07

well there was money to split but he has emptied it out of the joint bank accounts and so I could spend more chasing it than you would ever get (because it was in the middle east not the UK)

Yes i think you might be right and just do it myself. - thanks

but god where to start.

millymollymoomoo Mon 13-Jun-16 21:28:34

Do you have any children? No house or pensions? If no to all I think you should be able to do it quite easily. There are quite a few ladies on here and relationships board that have (inc some quite complicated ones) what on earth has your solicitor charged you 15k so far for??

Absinthe9 Mon 13-Jun-16 22:36:42

Yes she is crap. Ditch her now and write a letter of complaint to the senior partner.

Just because he doesn't pay maintenance does not mean he is not obliged to. Did your sol advise you on this? Also were you married in England or the Middle East? that might affect the process.

If no right to maintenance, no money, no kids and no house then agree you can do it yourself.

If you do need a sol I was lucky to have a very good one during my DV, PM me if you need her details.

donners312 Tue 14-Jun-16 17:26:27

Thanks Absinthe.

We do have two poor children, my dickhead ex was a high earner (tax free) and basically the children and i came back to the uk for a more secure life that husband claimed to support we weren't getting divorced at that point.

Came back to Uk meant to be buying a house together here hat got somewhere through all the legalists when STBXH just stopped sending any money and refused to buy us a house.

So it transpired he closed our joint bank accounts and has never paid any maintenance leaving the children and i to completely fend for ourselves and has barely called the children since.

He is now living and working in Dubai and claiming to be penniless and living in the UK.

it's all lies I produced evidence of the 9 long haul business class holidays he has had since January but the court don't care my solicitor appears completely ineffective and just says i won't get a thing - think she is right??

donners312 Tue 14-Jun-16 17:27:46

The reason he doesn't pay maintenance is because he is claiming to be unemployed - I am really trying to get proof of where he is working but it's not easy no one wants to go out on a limb although everyone claims to be on my side IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now