Decree Absolute

(7 Posts)
Funko Sat 16-Apr-16 12:37:54

Hi guys
Just wondering how long it takes for the decree absolute to come through when applied for. I can apply in 4 weeks. I'm with East Mids Divorce Unit. They've turned things around pretty quickly so Far (started proceedings on 2nd Feb). Just wondered is there another date booked in at court or is it simply a rubber stamp and return job?

V simple straight forward 2 years separation, no solicitors/no financials involved etc.

Minime85 Sun 17-Apr-16 08:05:06

Should be a matter of days. Doesn't go to court again

Funko Sun 17-Apr-16 08:38:18

Awesome! That's made my day 😄
Thanks!

Minime85 Sun 17-Apr-16 10:14:16

And it will be even better when it arrives. From memory with mine done same day they got it and then posted back and I received a few days later.

ConfusedNoMore Sun 17-Apr-16 10:19:37

Yep. Couple of days here. Congrats in advance! Such a relief for me.

Funko Sun 17-Apr-16 10:39:44

Doing a little dance 😄

FTS123 Thu 21-Apr-16 10:19:00

I went to court for my finances last week, and settled that day. Asked my solicitor when I could issue the Decree Absolute and she wrote it out, signed it and took it downstairs, the judge signed it and I walked out of court divorced. Was such a happy day! The day the court receive it they have to action it I think it just takes a week or two to let you know they've done it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now