Transfer of title

(4 Posts)
Gracey79 Sat 20-Feb-16 19:41:59

Anyone any idea a transfer of title should take to appear on land registry?
Was signed 28th January but still showing as joint names on the online title sad
I know the document had to be sent to the mortgage provider but this still seems a long time to me?

Miniminimus Sat 20-Feb-16 21:19:49

Hi - I have had exactly same thing going on.

My mortgage completed on 3rd February, I had an email from the solicitor which says:

"Legally the property is now in your name, however it may take up to 6 weeks to register with the Land Registry".

About a week that I rang the Land Registry and they said it is usually a lot faster for a simple transfer and about 12 days. They they checked the system and said mine hadn't even reached them yet. I was going to ring them again on Monday but now I'll try and check my title on-line and let you know if anything has happened.

Miniminimus Sat 20-Feb-16 21:33:42

Sorry Gracey, I have tried to look but site seems to want me to pay another £3.00 and trying to be careful after taking on huge new mortgage to get ex off the title. I will call them on Monday instead.

Gracey79 Sun 21-Feb-16 06:24:46

Hi mini
Thanks so much for trying - it's at least a relief to know land registry can take a while to update. It's actually me coming off the property and the mortgage but I need to know so I can buy another house smile will ring my solicitor on Monday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now