Please talk to me about consent orders

(3 Posts)
Startingout2015 Thu 21-Jan-16 22:00:03

House is being sold. Stbxh is refusing to authorise the split of equity to be paid to us until we agree on the split.

What would be fair is 50/50 but the greedy grabber wants more but that's another story.

He tells me he has appointed solicitor to do consent order.

I have no idea what I need to do. I just assumed the money would be split and that would be it.

He refuses to even tell me how much extra he wants from me and will not talk to me about it no matter how much I ask,

Am I at risk? I'm so scared he will try to take my half away from me and he seems willing to spend money on solicitors to take anything from me.

Please can someone give me any advise on consent orders or what I need to do

TheHouseOnTheLane Fri 22-Jan-16 06:40:22

The consent order won't mean anything unless you agree to it. Both parties have to sign it to make it legally binding.

He can have one drafted but you don't have to sign it.

Do you currently live in the house? Do you have children?

Startingout2015 Fri 22-Jan-16 08:26:27

No children, don't live in house.
I moved back to parents in August because I didn't have a job at the time.

I've just received correspondence from him asking for money towards mortgage payments (fine I agree to that) and £5k to unspecified.

I can't see how he wants me to pay towards something that he can't even prove to me exists.
But he thinks because he has earned more money than me all our relationship that he should get more equity from the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now