What does he get in divorce?

(4 Posts)
Kazanova Sat 16-May-15 06:14:15

I am currently divorcing and have no job at moment (am trying). I have been off with the kids for 9 years. He is after the pension that I earned when I was working. The house (even though I have no where to go with the kids). contents of the house (even though there is not much) and the car (which is my life line for taking the kids to school and seeing friends and extended family). The car is worth about £650. Where do I stand?

MuttonCadet Sat 16-May-15 06:25:24

You need to see a solicitor, but what he's asking for is totally OTT.

The starting point would be 50:50, then adjusted for needs. If the kids are staying with you, then you'll need more of the equity from the house. You don't have a job, so will need more equity from the house.

If you can't afford the mortgage by yourself then the house will probably have to be sold, but you'll be entitled to more of the proceeds.

Please get legal advice. thanks

CalleighDoodle Sat 16-May-15 14:04:27

Prepare yourself for him
Being a twunt.

Kazanova Thu 14-Jan-16 20:18:40

Hi recently been through divorce that was a nightmare from his part. It please make sure anyone seeks advise. I did and it paid off but cant say it will be everyones circumstances. It depends of your life, length of marriage, kids ages, pensions, how much money Head have. Dont compare any story on here. Everyone is different. with different circumstances. Truth always comes out in the end. You just need to believe in yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now