well it's official..feeling the fear

(8 Posts)
killpeppa Thu 24-Oct-13 19:58:39

we are separating... I am now a single mum of two, separated at 21.

we are being calm and amicable.

it's a very scary thought, this will be the first time I'll be on my own- doing everything myself. I moved out of my mums at 18 and in with husband.

any others feeling the fear?

Reprint Thu 24-Oct-13 21:17:01

It is a scary place to be flowers
You sound very together though OP.
I wanted to bump this for you - its been a busy night here, but am sure others will be along soon.

killpeppa Thu 24-Oct-13 23:41:50

thankyou.

it's been an emotional night but I'm keeping it together, it's been thought about for a while.

need to stay calm and clear. I've alot more responsibly now

mineofuselessinformation Thu 24-Oct-13 23:50:00

You need to stay strong - but it sounds like you have been all along. Hold on to that no matter what happens.

Nagoo Fri 25-Oct-13 00:14:12

If you repost in relationships you will get more traffic smile

Are you staying in the house?

I recommend communicating by text or email as you will have a record of what is said. Also agree contact and stick with the plan. I have found the drawing up new boundaries part to be the hardest bit.

Good luck thanks

killpeppa Fri 25-Oct-13 09:29:31

I have a post in relationships all about it.

we are staying in the house until I get somewhere else sorted. boundaries was an issue last night as he was wanted to cuddle me in bed :/
then got annoyed cause I said no.

it's very amicable but still the marriage is over.

Ett36 Fri 25-Oct-13 15:58:04

def feeling the fear.

crazyartistcatlady Thu 31-Oct-13 17:26:05

Gosh, yes, totally, we seperated yesterday after 14 years together, 13 and a half of them married. Ours is very amicable and I think he might be open to counselling but i just don't know it's possible to ever have an equal relationship with a passive aggressive man and Lord knows I have tried. our kids 10,11,17 are being amazing, they're so pragmatic, they just amaze me.

Whatever happens for us all it's going to be a bumpy ride and possibly will get worse before it gets better but whatever happens we mustn't become victims, i did that when my first marriage broke down and it's not the path to happiness...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now