so agonising seeing ex for child contact when i still love him

(6 Posts)
misssounsure Fri 06-Sep-13 08:05:53

My oh and I split very recently but are still living together until he moves to his new place in 7 weeks!! I'm suffering depression and stress (under care of gp for this). Oh is being very supportive and caring. We are splitting as its just not working. I told him I still love him tho and said I, want to try again but he doesnt.

I can't bear to see him everyday knowing he doesnt want to get back together. It's going to kill me seeing him every week, week after week for contact with our child (18month old). I can't cope with this. I know I will have to as our child needs both patents but its going to be agonising for me seeing him all the time. What can I do? I'm distraught

butterflyroom Sun 08-Sep-13 22:30:16

Hi. Could you try re-posting on the relationships board? Your situation sounds so hard and I think with more traffic, lots of people could help with good advice x

Bumpstarter Sun 08-Sep-13 22:33:43

You need to live separately. A bit of distance will make it less painful. Don't worry about the contact in the future yet... Get properly separated first.

Bumpstarter Sun 08-Sep-13 22:34:45

Sorry I didn't read your post properly. Is there any chance you can stay with friends or family for some of the next 7 weeks? It will make it easier.

helena4u Mon 11-Nov-13 06:37:01

I agree, the more that you see your ex the more that you are reminded of your strong feelings for him, the more difficult you could get over him. These 7 weeks will prove to be really agonizing for you, especially of you have been trying to get over this guy. Someone has to move out soon.. if this is your place then you should ask him to leave sooner. It's the only way to get started in a new life without him.

Minime85 Mon 11-Nov-13 06:53:16

I'm in a similar situation and initially we said we would try until Christmas to stay in same house. I couldn't. was getting too bitter and just wanted him gone. so oh found a house sooner and went on Friday. I agree with other posts he needs to go sleep on someone else's sofa. it is hard but think of the positives too. they will come I'm sure in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now