how long is rwasonable for exp to tell dd the ow is her step mom?

(5 Posts)
CaptainCupcake Tue 01-Oct-13 23:33:28

Ugh, poor you, how very insensitive. Husband didn't become my eldest's step dad until we were married. At the stage you're discussing he was still "mum's friend".

perfectstorm Tue 01-Oct-13 23:29:41

How old is she? I ask only because my DS comes out with some real doozies he's picked up from other kids/CBeebies sometimes, and they're also very good at picking up on tension between adults and sort of testing the waters. If you ex has told her this then yes, he's an insensitive idiot, but it may have come from her own little mind. I've seen a fair few friends get really upset about things like this, when it's actually been a small child with crossed wires, or playing up. Not saying that's definitely so, but possible, perhaps?

I'm really sorry you're in this situation. Regardless of what has or hasn't happened with your dd he's been an unutterable arse to you. flowers

LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 30-Sep-13 20:28:17

Yes, it's far too soon, but some twats just don't see it like that unfortunately so I doubt pointing it out to him will make much difference. At least it certainly wouldn't if it were my ex.

It looks like it's a case of damage limitation on your part. How old is your DD?

fifi669 Mon 30-Sep-13 20:25:40

Yes it's way too soon. She could be a flash in the pan, then what? He introduces the next new mum? Step mum when they're married or many YEARS down the line, not months. It's the stability of their relationship that needs to be proved before titles like that are thrown around.

Mollymom Wed 28-Aug-13 17:33:24

We split April he mived out June to live wirh her (they have been together since Jan). Dd has now told me sge has two moms;me who grew her and her step mom. I think its waaaaay to soon and want to point this out to exp. Am I being a fool?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now