Tax credits

(5 Posts)
Discomama Thu 01-Aug-13 19:47:44

I left the family home and claim tax credits even though I still own half my house, no proof required.

Rummikub Wed 31-Jul-13 23:15:28

Pretty sure. I don't work for them though, just going on experience. Call them, they are v helpful and they'll tell you how much you can claim too.

jango36 Wed 31-Jul-13 12:17:36

Thanks Rummikub.
Do you know if this is definite?
I do hope so as it would make everything much easier for me!
I would stil have to pay my bit of the mortgage you see.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
Just worry that if/when I leave he will let the house go and fight me all the way on selling it!
Wish to god this was easier. It seems it is harder getting out of a joint mortgage than it is getting a divorce!

Rummikub Wed 31-Jul-13 02:14:41

Yes you can claim. There aren't any questions about property. Call them or use the tax credit calculator on line.

jango36 Wed 31-Jul-13 00:36:08

Hi Im wanting to separate from my partner. We have a joint mortgage- he is not keen to sell. Does anyone know where I stand on tax credits. If I was to leave and rent alone would I be entiteled to claim tax credits even though I co owened a property - which I will be putting up for sale as even if partner does not want to sell I would have to force a sale through the courts.
Any advice very gratefully recieved..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now