what is 'the script' that men follow after separation?

(8 Posts)
lizzie479 Sun 19-May-13 21:55:22

Hi there, my ex and me have been split up six months (my decision but was pushed into it by him). I have heard a lot about 'the cript' on breaking up...what is this? My ex has threatened custody in mediation, denied bad behaviour, said I am denying him access which is very untrue! etc.... I am intrigued to know if he is following the script

lizzie479 Sun 19-May-13 21:56:01

Sorry that was meant to be my ex and I and 'the script' !

RafaellaNhaKyria Sun 19-May-13 22:00:20

That is exactly how my ex behaved. Has yours called you worthless, a liar, a twat or a cunt yet? That's the path my ex went down. All his controlling, emotionally abusive fuckwittery was banished from his memory and I was "making it all up to make him look bad".

I'm well-shot and so are you. This too shall pass and they are full of hot air and nothing to back it up.

lizzie479 Mon 20-May-13 13:02:47

He has called me a liar and a disgrace. He has also said I was violent why is a lie! But he can't spend any time alone with the kids without his family helping out! You are right about the hot air and nothing to back it up!

lizzie479 Mon 20-May-13 13:03:19

that was meant to say which is a lie....blimey I need a word processing course or something!

honey86 Mon 03-Jun-13 16:42:33

ill second this one! apparently im 'unstable'. says the one who called social services when i refused to talk to him hmm.......to try n have my kids taken away so he can have a reason to cry wolf and ((poof!)) hell be handed custody hmm

even a copper that came to see me after his abuse and harrassment, said 'wow this man has issues!'

but no. i must be the unstable one.hmm

skyeskyeskye Thu 06-Jun-13 17:18:57

This is the mid life crisis script, is that the one you are thinking about?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/a1527705-Midlife-crisis-this-is-the-script

STIDW Sun 09-Jun-13 23:40:54

I'm not convinced that men follow a script any more than women. We know that some separating spouses have a distorted overly negative view of the other and during a conflicted divorce that view becomes more entrenched. Therefore there can be two versions of the same "truth." An analogy would be seeing a film or reading a book as someone else and interpreting it differently. That's why there is a cliche that everyone in family court cases lie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now