Trying very hard not to panic - CSA

(7 Posts)
Orangegrove Tue 12-Feb-13 18:02:59

Soon to be exH was supposed to make his first CSA payment last week. He defaulted. CSA has already chased him and not being able to contact him, contacted his HR department. They told the CSA that he no longer works there. Hence my utter panic. I finally get hold of him and he laughs, of course he works there, and indeed he is at his desk.

So I spoke to the CSA again, who will fax a request to the HR to reclarify if he works there or not. The CSA said that because they already specified who he was, by giving his NI number and other identifying information and were certain they could not have the wrong information.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I am fearful as the soon to be exH has a "gardening leave" clause in his employment contract.

Collaborate Tue 12-Feb-13 18:13:21

Could he have become an independent contractor, so no longer is an employee?

Orangegrove Tue 12-Feb-13 18:24:02

I would be suprised, he has worked for them for 30 plus years - he is a partner in the firm and they are not the sort of operation to have independant contractors in that way. (Big City firm)

I am fearful that he is going to either be dismissed, and the HR dept hasn't told him or that he is going on gardening leave in an effort to avoid the CSA.

Collaborate Tue 12-Feb-13 19:07:26

Either of those and he would still be an employee.

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Tue 12-Feb-13 20:24:49

How can you be a partner in a big City firm and not be contactable?! Was a PA screening his calls or something?

Surely the gardening leave thing only kicks in if he is moving to a different job? If he was resigning with nowhere else lined up, he'd have to work his notice like the common people. Theoretically.

MatureUniStudent Tue 12-Feb-13 20:47:36

Oh I am definately being screened, along with the CSA no doubt. But in the absense of any information from the CSA, I am speculating as to how the CSA can be told by HR he dosent work there, yet he is in the office, insisting he works there.

Collaborate Tue 12-Feb-13 21:14:39

If he is a partner he's not an employee. A deduction from earnings order will have no effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now