the beginnings....how scared should I be?

(29 Posts)
nosferatu Fri 30-Nov-12 18:47:53

I have basically lived in a 10 year marriage which has been awful, so my husband and I have started talking about splitting up last year and we are now on some sort of agreement that is the only way. We have two kids, 3 and 9. I have been a housewife and he is self employed with around 70K annual profit. We have 2 properties, one without a mortgage.
I have just found out some e mails he has been to solicitors and he is "not in such a bad position as he thought". He has taken me out for dinner trying to persuade him to leave him the big house we have just moved into last year ( we have a smaller flat too). I didn't agree to anything but gave him an indication I also do want it amicable and less money goes to lawyers, the better.
now he is working behind my back, I need to make first steps. i have been to CAB twice, but didn't get my turn as it is busy. I know some solicitors give 30 min free, as I am swimming in the dark at the mo, I would appreciate someone gives me some idea of what I need to do. For example; I do not work, I am desperately seeking work, but is that going to work against me?
Things like this I need to ask lawyers. But I have no idea how much things cost , so I will try and go to CAB again first, but, all my accounts are joint, and I can not pay a solicitor.
Any any advice on how much things can cost, would be appreciated, as well as is CAB advice any good? I am adamant I want the girls for majority of time because I have been a full time mum for 9 years. House is less important to me. He also has super rich brothers, and I have not a penny on my own. I have found disgusting correspondence where he is writing to all his family what a horrid bitch I am and blaming me of all things he is guilty about. They stopped contacting me with no other reason a year ago. Finding out he is playing behind my back has really upset me, so I need to go and arm myself with legal help.

Milly22 Mon 07-Jan-13 20:14:48

Sorry, meant to say get his company information from Companies House website, www.companieshouse.gov.uk

DgrMse Tue 15-Jan-13 19:35:01

Hi, just been reading through these posts -olgaga can you let me have a look at the documents you drafted too? I'm just starting down this road and any advice/help you can offer would be great. I don't want to make things more difficult than they need be but do want what I'm entitled to. Difficulty is my husband has control of the finances and is very secretive about them but guess he'll have to produce documentary evidence at some point?? If you are willing to share the documents that would be a great start. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

nosferatu Wed 30-Jan-13 19:06:08

Senorita I am still in the same situation. No progress either side. My husband wants me to go to his solicitor with him so we can sort it all "amicably" and with no conflict. I haven't agreed to it but I can see the point. I am still trying to come to terms it will have to happen.

senorita02 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:55:59

I have only had the 1st letter from his solicitor stating DH's intentions in dec. Last week i have seen the D petition in his bag which was basically asking for his signature to be submitted to court for further action. Meanwhile, DH agreeing to go out on a date with me for one last time than he took my payslip and denied that he had it and then i forced it out of him and he gave it back. DH texted me to say sorry for taking my salary slip but said he was angry at that time but his anger has turned to sadness. I am hoping for miracle! If there is still any sparkle left with us i hope it lights up pretty soon or else i will be loosing the love of my life! sad sad sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now