Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blue Badge needed in 2 places help!

(4 Posts)
lookatmeimsandradee Tue 22-Nov-16 21:22:57

We are off to london for DH birthday celebration

we are going on the train so will need to park the car at the train station.
DH has a blue badge as he has mobility issues.

However whilst in London I can get access to most of the attractions free of charge because I am his carer.
I need to show proof - and all that I have (he doesn't have any disability payments etc) is the blue badge.

The savings in London out weigh the parking fee, but really he should be able to still take advantage of the disability parking at the train station.

Has anyone ever had this problem where you needed a blue badge in two places?
How do I resolve it.......?
Any advice gratefully received

Spottytop1 Tue 22-Nov-16 21:26:52

Can you take a photo of both sides of your badge? Use this as evidence for discounts?

My daughter gets DLA so can use badge and a letter....

I'd phone up discount purchase point and explain the issue and see what they say

GlitterGlue Tue 22-Nov-16 22:27:22

If there isn't a solution you could see if you can get 241 tickets from here instead? I've used the site many times.

www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london

Mamatallica Fri 25-Nov-16 23:57:33

We've had this issue a few times with places demanding to see the Blue Badge as evidence of disability despite the bleeding obvious and expensive wheelchair, they seem confused when you explain that you've left it in the car so you don't get fined for being illegally parked in a disabled space. hmm
I think with a permanent disability, you should have a wallet-sized card to prove it when you need to, makes more sense than showing your badge or carrying PIP entitlement letters around everywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now