Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Prams for mums with crutches/sticks

(3 Posts)
SmoothHarris88 Wed 09-Nov-16 01:01:04

Hi there-
Looking for a pram/pushchair/travel system that fits the following:

1- must have parent facing option (pref a carry cot!)
2- must have one handle bar not two separate ones
3- "public transport" friendly
4- Relatively Sturdy - as I have mobility issues (dislocates knees) and therefore will be needing to use it as a walkerframe, if you will.
5- we are quite tall parents to be ,so needs to have good height ajustments on handlebar

I've been looking at (and have tried out in the shops) the silver cross pioneer AND wayfarer, the 2016 icandy peach and cosatto giggle 2
has anyone used these ? can you tell me about your experience with these?
can anyone recommend any other prams that fit my brief?

thanks in advance

Nelleinad Fri 25-Nov-16 22:15:17

Hi!

I've had quite a bit of luck with my Mountain Buggy Swift. I have issues with chronic pelvic pain and rely on crutches or a wheelchair for the most part but can usually manage fairly well with just the mountain buggy.

I've thought about putting weights above the front wheel so I can use it more easily on the bad days (mum life - haven't made the time to do it yet...!).

I don't tend to use public transport so I can't really comment there, but their new model swift is more compact than the model I have. I'm pretty sure it's marginally taller as well. Both of us are quite tall and don't have any issues with the height adjustability. There is also the option for a carry cot available - never used it myself but we did use the travel system/capsule option initially.

I don't have any experience with the models you've mentioned but I hope it helps regardless! Best of luck!

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Sun 27-Nov-16 19:16:02

We have an Uppababy Vista and does everything you've asked for.

I'm 5'10" and it's definitely the "tallest" one I've tried out (and I've tried loads!!)

It's quite heavy which is a pain for getting in and out do the car. However, it's a plus point when considering I need to 'lean' on it a bit as I'm walking. Don't use a stick at the minute, but have bad spasticity that makes waking much more difficult.

Hope this helps anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now