Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

mother with bipolar disorder caring for child that has multiple complex disabilities

(5 Posts)
user1461582262 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:04:01

I am really struggling here , it's hard enough having bipolar disorder trying to get treatment on top of caring for child with disabilities , and I worry for my healthy child about bipolar disorder , I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy. Anyone else with bipolar disorder have any tips / advice to deal , I'm in the beginning of treatment because I avoided it n never stayed with it my whole life . Just got the meds .

mommabear29 Mon 02-May-16 18:47:48

Hi I have a son with multiple disabilities as well, i also struggle with bipolar,depression and stress seizures, i also have 2 other sons, the only ways I cope is finding things that I love to do, including writing, drawing and many other things! yes, it is hard to cope and do. good luck as far as meds I tried alot but Depakote works well [ smile]

Melissa1929 Tue 03-May-16 00:51:06

At the moment I am on Effexor , welbutrin, Abilify, clonazopam, Ativan, and trazodone for sleep , some reason they keep treating the individual things as depresion, anxiety , yet no mood stablizers hopefully new psychiatrist can figure out meds for me . If you don't mind me asking what kind of disabilitys does yours have ?

Melissa1929 Tue 03-May-16 00:54:57

I did start a journal that seems to help a little since I don't have anyone to talk , and started adult coloring books , it is relaxing to just sit and color .

Melissa1929 Tue 03-May-16 01:04:26

My daughter was born with a rare condition they don't even have a clue of , she has congenital heart defect, cyst replacing peice of brain on left side and left side is abnormal with not much nerve movement in face and low in body, she only has one ear , her nasal passages were blocked off needed to be drilled open , and she was born without eyes . All her insides are working but abnormal , things jjust are not where there should be or look like they should .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now