Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ADHD and Fasd

(1 Post)
nannydiane Tue 26-Apr-16 12:21:27

Hi
Any grandparents out there with children with ADHD and Fasd ?
Would like to share their experiences , my grandson is 7 years old and I have a resident order as well as a SGO, I have had him since he was one years old

I get minimal support from the SW , I asked her for advice on his behaviours at times she replied and she said she has none !!
I gave up my job 2 years ago as his behaviour became difficult in main stream
And he was then sent to a referal unit !!!

18 months later I'm seeing improvement but some of that's down to his ADHD medication which he has only been on for about 6 Months .

The school also struggles with his behaviour and he has picked up so much negativity being with other children that doesn't really have the same diagnose it's hard as I remember him. Being in main stream and I totally got were the other parents were coming from I got as he would be distrustive at times and they would have concerns for their kids safety

I am now trying to take the case to education panel for him to be consider for a therapeutic day placement which I hope is a better way forward for him long term

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now