Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Moving house with a Severely Disabled Child

(1 Post)
Warriormum1 Mon 26-Aug-13 18:25:46

Hi there,

I was wondering if there were any parents of severely disabled children who have experience of making a big move to another part of the country with a severely disabled child? I currently live in Scotland, and for various personal reasons we are investigating the possibility of moving to England.

We are just a bit worried about how easy the move would be with my son. Obviously there would be a lot to take into consideration, including what is best for my son, but also what is best for the whole family.

We would initially have to rent a new home, and we can manage without too many adaptations because we have a lot of our own equipment, but I am wondering how easy it would be to rent a suitable property. Then, of course there is the transfer of medical records, and registering with Social Services in another area.

I would really like to hear from any parents who have made a big move like this with a severely disabled child, because I would really appreciate hearing about your experiences, and advice on how to avoid any possible pitfalls.

Thanks,

Warriormum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now