Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

wheelchair accessible cot

(2 Posts)
newmummynow Sat 24-Aug-13 13:51:59

Does anyone have a front opening cot suitable for a wheelchair user.

wouldbemedic Tue 31-Dec-13 19:36:04

Hi there, I'm sorry I missed this post and hope this response might still be of some use. There are wheelchair accessible cots but they are expensive. Some people have used grants/awards from the NHS to purchase one - but obviously that has to be done ahead of time! There is a charity called Disability, Pregnancy and Parenting International (DPPI) that have collected lots of information about disabled parenting aids. For a very small fee, they will talk you through what's available and send you a booklet about it. You can also think about contacting charities that adapt equipment for people with disabilities - try Remap and BIME. Remap has a database called - I think - Remapedia. It takes a bit of trawling but they've created quite a few adaptations like wheelchair accessible cots and seats on wheelchairs etc. It's a lot cheaper than buying a ready-made adapted cot. If any of this is useful and I can help further, feel free to PM me. There's also the Disabled Parenting Network who have a good facebook forum and a helpline offering some social support. Good luck and congratulations on your baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now