Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

OUR 2 YEAR OLD WONT GO TO MUMMY AFTER SHE SPENT 4 WEEKS ON LIFE SUPPORT AND HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO SEE HER DUE TO IMMUNE SYSTEM

(7 Posts)
lisandaz Wed 21-Aug-13 18:46:09

HI ALL, MY NAME IS DARREN AND HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY YOUNGEST WHO IS ONLY 2 AND 5 MONTHS. HIS MUM FELL ILL WITH STREP A, SCEPSIS AND COMPLETE ORGAN FAILURE. BY RIGHTS SHE SHOULD NOT BE HERE BUT SHE PULLED THROUGH WITH THE LOSS OF A FEW TOES AND FINGERS. SINCE COMEING HOME HE WILL ONLY STICK TO ME LIKE GLUE AND DOES NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH MUM AT THE MOMENT. I AM SURE THIS IS DUE TO HIS MUMS RAPID DISSAPEARENCE BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GET HIM TO SEE MUMMY AS SHE WAS BEFORE HER ILLNESS . MUMMY IS GETTING REALLY UPSET OBVIOUSLY WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE FEELS HE DOES NOT LOBE HER WHICH THE REST OF US KNOW IS NOT THE CASE. IF ANYBODY OUT THERE HAS BEEN THROUGH ANYTHING SIMILAR THEN PLEASE OFFER ME SOME ADVICE AS I WANT MY HOUSE TURNED BACK INTO THE FAMILY HOME IT WAS BEFORE MY WIFE FELL ILL, MANY THANKS AND KIND REGARDS, DARREN (FATHER) X

SunshineBossaNova Wed 21-Aug-13 22:35:06

Hi Darren, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she continues to recover.

I don't have any advice, but I'm bumping this thread in the hope that someone here will be able to help.

Best of wishes to your family flowers

lisandaz Thu 22-Aug-13 20:45:45

Thankyou ever so much, all help much appreciated at this time :}

lisandaz Thu 22-Aug-13 21:16:32

will not use caps nextime, should have read the rules 1st.....wooooops

Hi Darren, cant give any advice apart from time and patience smile

But wanted to wish you the best of luck, and I`m sure after everything your family has been through it`ll be ok xx

BumbleChum Fri 23-Aug-13 06:40:28

Panay an awful thing to go through for you all and I am glad hour wife is better. This is much more minor than your situation but I find that my 24yo does aversion of this when I have been away for work for a day or two. I don't push it _ don't even show I have. Noticed - just keep on talki g to her and doing things and it usually passes after a few mins.

Reenypip Thu 29-Aug-13 12:04:52

Hiya,
I noticed some aversion when I've been away in hospital too from my little boy.
When I got back home, I just spent extra effort with him playing, cuddles, touch, really emphasised more than usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now