Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Getting gait back after pregnancy!

(1 Post)
SianFry Thu 08-Aug-13 13:39:37

Hi,

I have mild spastic cerebral palsy that effects my right hand side. Generally speaking I’m lucky enough to be independently mobile and cope with things on a day to day basis with a few tweaks and modifications. My one year old adds a few challenges into the mix but most days I can manage.

I had to use crutches during pregnancy due to bad pelvic girdle pain but with the aid of a chiropractic the discomfort of that has (largely speaking) gone. I thought things were returning to normal. However, I saw a video of myself the other day and was shocked by just how different my gait is! I don’t like it and am keen to improve it as soon as possible.

Was just wondering if there is anybody else here that has had to cope with a deterioration of gait post-partum, cerebral palsy related or otherwise? How did you recover it (as much as you could)? Any hints/tips? I know joints etc. all get a little looser during pregnancy but how long was it until your felt that joints were ‘normal’? (if you did at all)

My GP is being as useful as a chocolate teapot! He might refer me to a physio but only after I have a blood test and even then wait three months for a referral. Am keen to make improvements sooner than that!

Thank you,

Siân

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now