Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I have ASD

(3 Posts)
JessShep95 Tue 04-Jun-13 22:13:00

Thank you smile

cathan Tue 04-Jun-13 17:32:05

My son has ASD and he's not stupid or retarded - he's great! And I'm sure you're great too. A label shouldn't be a box that you feel trapped in - you've changed from the child you were and if you were "diagnosed" now you might well get a different answer so what does it matter. Don't sweat the label - enjoy your friends, your life etc. Hope this helps.

JessShep95 Tue 04-Jun-13 12:28:41

Well I have ASD I was diagnosed as a child I am now 18 years old and I honestly believe I have been diagnosed wrongly and I know this is a site for parents with help of their children , I really just wanted some one I don't know to help out if that alright? Anyways I get how I had very strange ways as a child But now I am a bubbly out going person and I love to be around others. I have a career going for me and I do admit I can be shy well who isn't at times ? I have suffered at lot from just knowing what I so called have has made me feel stupid , retarded and so on. Any one can give me some answers or help would be sweet. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now