Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I have ASD

(3 Posts)
JessShep95 Tue 04-Jun-13 12:28:41

Well I have ASD I was diagnosed as a child I am now 18 years old and I honestly believe I have been diagnosed wrongly and I know this is a site for parents with help of their children , I really just wanted some one I don't know to help out if that alright? Anyways I get how I had very strange ways as a child But now I am a bubbly out going person and I love to be around others. I have a career going for me and I do admit I can be shy well who isn't at times ? I have suffered at lot from just knowing what I so called have has made me feel stupid , retarded and so on. Any one can give me some answers or help would be sweet. Thanks

cathan Tue 04-Jun-13 17:32:05

My son has ASD and he's not stupid or retarded - he's great! And I'm sure you're great too. A label shouldn't be a box that you feel trapped in - you've changed from the child you were and if you were "diagnosed" now you might well get a different answer so what does it matter. Don't sweat the label - enjoy your friends, your life etc. Hope this helps.

JessShep95 Tue 04-Jun-13 22:13:00

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now