Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

learning difficulties/dyslexi a not sure if posted in right place

(1 Post)
msnaughty Sun 10-Feb-13 21:28:45

I was not sure where to post. But here go's I went to a school for people with learning difficulties. I don't have any gcse. I Know that i have dyslexia. I don't know how to use grammer And im no good with numbers numbers just kind of dance around. And there are so many words that i don't understand that are probably everyday words to most. I have to have things explained to me over and over again. and it takes a while to sink in. for example if someone showed me how to work a till in a shop the next day i would forget how to use it. I did not really think any of this effected me but when i started doing a bit of volunteer work it did and things really started to show.

so it feels that i don't have a basic education. and it feels like its going to be near impossible for me to find any sort of work.... all the cleaning jobs i have seen they want experience or you have to drive... for a care job some want gcse. and i have looked at super market jobs which are all early morning or night shifts and im a single parent so no one to have children in the evening...

if anyone has any suggestions would be great thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now