Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Myoclonic seizures

(8 Posts)
scissy Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:17

Only saw this today - my myos don't tend to be that bad, but my ESN prescribed me "emergency" AEDs that I could take if I ended up in a situation like that (thankfully I only have to use them once in a blue moon!) Is there an ESN you can get referred to? Their waiting times are usually a lot shorter than the regular nuerologist.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sun 25-Nov-12 08:43:51

And yes, epilepsy IS a big fat bastard!! grin

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sun 25-Nov-12 08:43:30

Took over 4 hours to calm down. Will be seeing my GP next week. Probably will end up with an adjunct med for the myo's again.

LateDeveloper Sun 25-Nov-12 02:25:57

Hope you're ok couthy. Epilepsy is a bastard x

LateDeveloper Sun 25-Nov-12 02:25:57

Hope you're ok couthy. Epilepsy is a bastard x

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 24-Nov-12 17:49:46

It just won't fucking stop. I can't go into myo status tonight, I don't have the bloody TIME to go to hospital when I've got all 4 DC's this weekend!!

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 24-Nov-12 17:44:34

All I've done is a couple of hours of housework. The minute I get up and do anything, I have myo seizures or proper seizures. The house is a mess. Kids can't help much as 3/4 of them are disabled themselves.

Just want this myo to pass as I need to start chopping stuff for dinner.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 24-Nov-12 17:39:22

I'm having a bad day with my myo seizures, in my right hand especially. I'm not able to hold a pen and I'm having to type with my left hand.

I don't suffer from them often but when I do it goes on for ages. 20 minutes so far. And then I'm going to be shattered after.

Does anyone have any tips that might help to calm it down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now