Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Getting a job

(5 Posts)
peekyboo Fri 15-Mar-13 20:07:45

Yay for places like Asda! I did a job as a personal shopper at Tesco and it was great - small hours, simple work, knew exactly what I was meant to be doing etc and an hourly wage. All these things go a long way to making the working world bearable!

gallifrey Thu 28-Feb-13 12:37:51

just a quick update, I have a part time job now at asda on the checkouts. I only do 11 hours a week but it's enough for us to have a bit of extra money and gets me out of the house too.smile smile

fabulousathome Fri 30-Nov-12 16:22:24

Admin for a care agency? Having done it in the past you are in a better position to organise.

You could write speculative letters to care agencies offering to do part time work - perhaps from home and involving phoning for example?

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 20-Nov-12 14:44:10

Hi smile Are you able to retrain and work from home? It's better as you can work around your condition, resting when you need to etc.

gallifrey Mon 19-Nov-12 21:57:55

I haven't worked for over 2 years, I am not getting any benefits at all, I have been placed in the support group for ESA but don't get any money as apparently I haven't paid enough NI contributions.
My condition is ok ish at the moment, but that's only because I don't do anything!
We have been surviving on DH's salary but I feel now that I should start earning some money.
I am a registered childminder but despite advertising on 4 websites I don't have any mindees at all.
Before I became ill I was a carer so on friday I have an interview as a homecare/support worker but I know that as soon as I start doing any sort of strenuous work I'll get ill again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now