Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone had a live in carer?

(3 Posts)
armaita Sat 16-Feb-13 21:11:31

hi. I would be more than happy to give you advice in this area as my husband is quadriplegic and we have live in and non live in also (for 10 years). PM me if you want to chat about this as some areas are quite personal.

PearlyWhites Sat 16-Feb-13 20:09:01

I have no advice but just wanted to say I hope it works out ok for you and you can find a career you get on with.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Wed 10-Oct-12 21:09:20

Council want me to get one (& to move house so they have a room). Am worried as council seem to think they'll be able to do everything, all the time, on / below minimum wage & massively long hours...

I think I'll end up with awful care & a resentful under qualified & under paid stranger in my home - but am willing to be convinced otherwise??? 

Btw I'd need help from 8am-10pm every day - though I'd hope they'd let me keep my part time pa to do all the hosp/ medical stuff w me (19 hrs a week).

They'd be doing me care, household care, ds helping me parent & also respite for me to rest, all meals, shopping, bathing ds, helping w bedtime routine, helping me in & out of bed/ bedroom, facilitating more mobility (vs lying in bed as its easier for carers that way) etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now