Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

functional neurological disoreder anyone else have it please chat

(5 Posts)
gallonofwine Sun 30-Sep-12 21:29:03

hello im new here and im struggling to find others apart from face who have FND for short and wondered do you have it and if so how do you cope and what treatment do you havex

GoinCourtin Mon 08-Oct-12 12:04:43

I've had functional symptoms for around 3 years. Mine was caused by labrynthitis which I still have but both are massively improved now and I rarely get functional symptoms these days.

I had slurred speech, I would forget what topic I was saying or even thinking about, and physical symptoms, such as constant blurred vision, problems with my left hand and foot amongst others.

CBT is the usual treatment but in my case the labrynthitis was the overriding problem so i had physio instead and when the labrynthisis improved, so did the functional symptoms.

What symptoms are you suffering from and what treatment has been suggested?

weegiemum Fri 16-Nov-12 15:59:45

Can you explain more what fnd is?

I had viral labrynthitis, then developed CIDP? Does it have anything to donwith developing neuropathy after illness?

GoinCourtin Tue 20-Nov-12 13:25:16

Weegiemum - Have Pm'd you

BadMissM Thu 29-Nov-12 15:04:46

I have neurological problems, and severe migraines,which give me weird burning/freezing in limbs, pain all over, tenderness or numbness, blurred vision, forget everything, and when bad problems with right hand/arm/leg/foot. Was supposed to be going into hospital for tests but due to personal circs have had to put it back. Various theories going on, from fibromyalgia, to migraine to, they don't know.

Have also just found out am pregnant, which means can't take the meds I'm on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now