Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hubby is type 1 can this affect the baby??

(4 Posts)
NaoimhC Sun 14-Feb-16 23:05:35

Ok so this is a bit out there but I'm curious. The thing is my husband was diagnosed type 1 diabetic 9 months after my youngest was born. So my question is can blood sugars have an effect on his sperm?? Now I know there is a risk of passing it onto the baby, were already watching our other 3 for any signs. Thing is we're thinking about number 4, and I'm wondering can it affect...., the gender for example?? Would it affect his fertility??
Now I'm looking for people's opinion or thoughts from people who have been in a similar situation, I can always see the Dr if need be. smile

CockwombleJeff Sun 14-Feb-16 23:13:06

Yes it can - please have counsel with your GP re this . I have been in same situation .

CockwombleJeff Sun 14-Feb-16 23:14:11

Forget that, I only meant in terms of DC going on to develop diabetes.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 25-Feb-16 20:06:14

It may be worth you getting involved in type 1 diabetes trial net so your children can be screened each year.

My eldest dc is type one and my youngest two are now enrolled in this research - just means an annual blood test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now