Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone tried turmeric?

(4 Posts)
VestalVirgin Wed 02-Dec-15 20:36:48

I recently read that turmeric can improve diabetes type 1 and type 2 by being anti-inflammatory and increasing insulin sensitivity.

That sound almost too good to be true, so before I recommend that to my relative who suffers from type 2, I'd thought I'd ask around a bit, as I haven't found any first hand experience online, just articles.

Apparently you can also try curcumin (the isolated substance) which in combination with black pepper is supposedly more effective ... though there, too, I only found some people who wrote their inflammation issues with skin diseases have improved.

Paperdolly Mon 17-Oct-16 19:14:45

See 'Turmeric Users' on Face Book VV.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 17-Oct-16 19:16:17

What's with the turmeric zombie bumps?
Start your own thread Paperdolly.

Paperdolly Thu 20-Oct-16 05:54:38

Don't be rude! I was trying to help! I thought this was what this forum was about. Or it used to be...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now