Lapland UK 2008

(134 Posts)
LIZS Tue 19-Aug-08 18:00:52

Lapland UK seems to be happening again this year albeit I think at a different location (Bewl Water, Kent). Booking opens 8th September. Mixed reviews last year.

quint Mon 08-Dec-08 07:43:59

Well I'm sure they could have doe it cheaper for say £25, oh hang on a couple of others have done that and it was crap!

Tehy have to pay the staff and we all know if you want your staff to be happy and do a good job you need to pay them well, it is proper log cabins not B&Q sheds, apparently it takes 3 months to put up and take down, I've been to Alton Towers and Chessington - the food is shit and far more expensive than £6. It may be out of season for those theme parks,but I think that this is probably high season for a christmas themed event! Rental of the park, all the scenery, lights, snow, snow machine, insurance, health and safety stuff and where do you manager to go ice skating for less than £5 for an unlimited time - not somehwere where childrn think they have elves helping them after they've just met FC. All the fab costumes, the gift, I suppose you could make that optional but your children might be a bot upset to see some kids walking around with a present that they weren't able to get. The reindeer, huskies and handlers - should I go on?

Mummy Christmas have a great time, as an adult you have to suspend your disbelief a bit but as long as you enter into the spirit of you you will have as good a time as your children.

Mamamea - have a fab time in Eygpt, I'm sure you will also have a great time

Califraukincense Tue 09-Dec-08 00:52:18
mymama Tue 09-Dec-08 01:07:05

Fossilsister we went last year and did get a little letter from FC in January to say he had enjoyed the visit. It was on the same paper with the same seal as the invitation. Ours was posted to OZ so probably took a bit longer so your dc might still get one after Christmas.

mamamea Tue 09-Dec-08 11:58:07

> Well I'm sure they could have doe it cheaper for say £25, oh hang on a couple of others have done that and it was crap!

They managed to do it for that price last year. It's no use saying 'we need to pay for this and this and this and this and it all adds up to £85', when we know that they charged much less last year.

quint Tue 09-Dec-08 12:10:56

Yes and people complained last year!!!!!!!

SO they have made improvements, i.e more snow, better arrival, food, more activities etc etc. You can't have it both ways.

You obviously don't like it and won't be going - fine, not a problem, but you can't say its crap this year and how can they justify £85 a ticket when you've not been this year. Even DH who is known for being tight and couldn't belive the price of the ticket (£75 when we went) said actually it was worth it.

filbertfox Tue 09-Dec-08 13:05:30

Lets be honest though, £75 per head is a lot of money and it was a big jump from last year. As I have said before, we really enjoyed ourselves when we went and I could pretty much appreciate how much the whole thing costs to set up and take down, but I am sure that the demand last year meant that the proprietors priced the event on the top side. We booked in October but there appeared to be open bookings on the web-site right up until the last minute, suggesting that the high price was keeping people away. Hopefully, if there is a next time, they will learn from this and reduce prices so more people might get the opportunity to visit

quint Tue 09-Dec-08 15:16:02

Yep - agree FF, I've said all along its expensive, and as they seemed to have taken on board comments from last year hopefully as you say it will come down in price but as long as it isn't at the expense of the quality of the day.

they are going to have 2 next year - one in windsor park.

i though it was well worth the money - we arrived at 1.30pm got out at 9.15pm. had our tea there as well as lunch.

worth every penny - and i'd say if thought i had been ripped off.

MerrySquiffness Wed 24-Dec-08 11:07:02

I would just like to wish Dot and the foxes and all the other workers at Lapland a very merry Christmas.

These threads are fast becoming a christmas tradition and I do so enjoy your lovely amusing I'm-not-a-troll-i-just-don't-like-to-post-on-other-threads-but-have-to-come-on-here-because-it-was-a ll-so-magical posts. Havign wasted a shedload of dosh at the event last year, I find that the protestations on here are so funny that they are almost shifting the cost-benefit analysis of the whole thing to a more reasonable level.

Looking forward to next year's protestations eagerly. But you will have to change your stlye of writing to something a bit posher if you are going to pretend to be from Windsor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now