Best restaurant in Chinatown to take toddlers to?

(20 Posts)
Shawn65 Tue 30-Oct-12 12:56:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Shawn65 Tue 09-Oct-12 15:30:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

iklboo Mon 01-Oct-12 21:18:58

Grrrr. Argggg. Brains. Probably grin

frankie4 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:54:54

blush

Wonder what westaleta said!?

iklboo Mon 01-Oct-12 18:47:19

There's zombie threads & zombie threads. This ones old enough to go to school!!

frankie4 Mon 01-Oct-12 18:44:55

Golden dragon in Chinatown is lovely, really good food.

Went there recently and saw someone change a baby's nappy in the pram next to the table ! shock

No one said anything to them, so definitely child friendly!

WestAleta Wed 26-Sep-12 04:42:44

breadgirl Sun 25-Feb-07 21:49:11

Ahh that's nice to hear
I think since i asked dh yesterday, he decided we should go Chinatown for 'dim sum' too. We ended up going to Jade Garden. It was busy. Food was good enough.
All the hundreds of red lanterns were still up from the chinese new year celebrations last weekend. We bought lots of cakes from a chinese cake shop after.

franch Sun 25-Feb-07 16:32:51

We went to the Royal China on Queensway in the end breadgirl (had been to the Baker St one before) - great success all round

Thanks

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 20:34:53

You're right about yi ban in chelsea BG - just checked website - but not open Sundays, oddly

breadgirl Sat 24-Feb-07 19:46:03

There's probs a fish tank, but can't think of anything particularly good otherwise.
Don't think i meant Yung's, dh says it's the next one Jade Garden on Wardour Street .. quite old fashioned but nice.
Have been to Yi Ban too .. kids like to see the planes too. I'm sure i saw a new Yi Ban where Gambado is in Chelsea.

Yeah, I know. It's just really good, I'm forever recommending it to people.

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 18:47:13

Sounds great NQC - bit of a trek for us tho

I know you asked for South and Central, but I thought I'd mention Yi Ban, particularly for airplane-obsessed toddlers. It's near City Airport in East London, they love kids, but also there are big windows and you often get to see planes take off and land.

The dim sum is excellent, the prices are good, and the clientele are mostly chinese.

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 18:37:43

No, not looking for baby changing really, just wondered if there was anywhere that was particularly good for kids

breadgirl Sat 24-Feb-07 16:33:57

I'm not sure about baby changing if that's what you mean, but babies, toddlers and kids are always welcome at chinese restaurants

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 16:30:27

Thanks breadgirl. Would you be inclined to take toddlers to any of those specifically?

breadgirl Sat 24-Feb-07 16:23:27

My fav restaurant for dim sum at the moment is Golden Palace, but that's in Harrow.
Most restaurants in Chinatown are good, like Joy Kin Lau, Yung's, ..
Also the Royal China lot in Baker St, Westferry Circus, Queensway .. and there seems to be one in Chelverton Rd Putney.
I've been to Confucius in Wimbledon .. it's on the corner of The Broadway and Merton Rd, but think my friend said they stopped the 'dim sum' .. not sure
hth

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 16:00:14

Chinese restaurants in South London would be good too

franch Sat 24-Feb-07 15:34:02

I know pretty much all Chinese restaurants are child-friendly, but looking for somewhere that'd be particularly good - probably for dim sum tomorrow

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now