where's best for dinosaurs?

(5 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Thu 10-Nov-16 22:42:28

Looking for a birthday day out venue for a dino crazy 3 year old, preferably in the South. I know Natural History Museum is the obvious but we'd like to avoid London if poss (unless it really is the only good option).

The key thing is we're not convinced DS is so keen on skeletons. He doesn't like the idea. Would rather see (mainly) reconstructions, interactives etc.

Any ideas? Has anybody been to any of the ones in Oxford? Or any theme parks etc with good dino sections?

mouldycheesefan Fri 18-Nov-16 13:57:44

The natural history museum in Oxford is very good, I personally prefer it to the London one it is More interactive for kids the are trails thy csn do, they can touch stuff etc. Saying that it is perhaps suited to slightly older children I think a three year old would run out of interest after an hour. But there are lots of other things to do in Oxford as well and it is free to get in.
Downsides there are no lockers so you have to carry your stuff about with you and parking csn be a challenge.

Imnotacelebgetmeouttahere Fri 18-Nov-16 14:01:20

My little one with ASD is Dino mad! He absolutely loved the dinosaur park in Norfolk! grin

We have also been to the dinosaur forest at port lympne and he enjoyed that too - however it's a small trail as opposed to a large park

sjane03 Fri 18-Nov-16 14:02:08

Port lympe zoo (in Kent) has got collections of lifesize dinosaur models that you can look round with information etc. It's fab for that age though all outdoors.

Blumkin Fri 18-Nov-16 14:03:51

Several zoo's near me seem to be installing dino walk through experiences. Google wingham wildlife park and I think there may be one at port lympne zoo (south east).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now