Places to go with 14 year old in London

(9 Posts)
Nowfindingdory Tue 25-Oct-16 21:47:41

Looking for ideas of places I can take my ds 14. We have got the day to ourselves (usually his younger siblings are around so he gets left out) so what to use this day to spend time together. His not big on museums as such like science or history museum as we have been there countless times. Any places you can recommend in London.

Cutty sark- any good

Sunnydawn Tue 25-Oct-16 21:53:49

We liked the Cutty Sark, although mine were bit younger. Boat ride down the Thames is fun (get the Clipper, which is just like a bus rather than tourist trip).

Just asked my eldest - he says he likes the National, the Tate, but mostly eating! He'd spend all day mooching from cafe to restaurant if he could...

Sunnydawn Tue 25-Oct-16 21:55:04

Have you been to the Greenwich stuff? He enjoyed the observatory when we went.

Nowfindingdory Tue 25-Oct-16 22:32:05

We have never been Greenwich considering its not too far from us. Will definitely check it out. Thank you

hyperhypermum Tue 25-Oct-16 23:21:25

Went to Greenwich the other day. Thames Clipper from pier near the London Eye was fun. Didn't go onto Curry Sark as seemed pricey and you can see much of it from outside. Did Maritime Museum and Greenwich Park (climbed up hill to observatory for good view). Found out when we got home that there is a tunnel that goes under the Thames to Isle of Dogs. It's free and you pick it up from next to Cutty Sark (saw the entrance, a dome like building, but didn't know what it was!). Wish we'd done that too!

Sinkingfeeling Wed 26-Oct-16 07:17:41

Emirates cable car?

Nowfindingdory Wed 26-Oct-16 07:50:26

Will look into that. Has anyone been to hms Belfast. Any reviews

custardy Wed 26-Oct-16 08:08:23

If you're going by train, you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for attractions. comes in a booklet with loads of fun touristy things to do, London Dungeons was good.

franksidebottom Fri 28-Oct-16 23:28:32

Sky garden?
Shard?
Open top bus (might be cold)
London eye?
London dungeons?
Ripleys ?
Tower of London?
River cruise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now