Post-matinee restaurant in London please?

(14 Posts)
bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 10:06:42

I’m bringing my 12-year-old DD to see a show (matinee) at half term - so I need somewhere for an early meal afterwards for us and my parents. It doesn’t need to be the sort of child-friendly that involves screeching and running around drawing on the walls (!) but she probably doesn’t want to go to the Savoy either. There’s always carluccios and that sort of thing but it would be nicer (for me, anyway) to go somewhere unusual. My train home leaves Euston at 8ish, and my parents will be heading back home from Waterloo. Has anyone got any brilliant suggestions?
Parents don't enjoy sushi or anything spicy. DD and I eat anything.

sparechange Mon 10-Oct-16 10:07:54

Where is the show?

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 10:09:23

Oh sorry. It's Wicked - I don't know exactly where but west end somewhere. Hang on ...Apollo Victoria.

IminaPickle Mon 10-Oct-16 10:12:58

Opera Tavern is ££ but very special- definitely English/ European rather than spicy or faddy

IminaPickle Mon 10-Oct-16 10:14:17

Ah not so near for Opera Tavern. There's a very nice pizza place next to Pizza Express up along Victoria Street towards Waterloo.

IminaPickle Mon 10-Oct-16 10:16:24

Colosseo

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 10:29:37

Thanks. They all like Italian but my DH isn't so keen so we rarely have it - so that is a really good idea smile And not a chain. Thanks

sparechange Mon 10-Oct-16 10:38:07

There is a lovely restaurant in the middle of St James's Park, which has a great menu and nice views over the parks.
It is a easy 10 min walk from the Theatre, and also very easy to get back to Waterloo and only the Victoria line for Euston.
And you can see the Pelicans!

peytonandbyrne.co.uk/inn-the-park-menu/index.html

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 10:40:00

That looks lovely Sparechange

sparechange Mon 10-Oct-16 10:51:01

It's a hidden gem!
The only possible downside is that if it is raining, you'll have a short walk as you can't get a cab/bus/tube right to the entrance but if you want something a bit unusual and memorable, it is streets ahead of a generic italian wink

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 11:03:19

We don't mind a walk in the rain - we will come equipped. Though the evening menu is a bit limited, I don't think my mother will like a burger. I'm wondering whether to have lunch there before the theatre then grab something quick for dinner (I was going to do it the other way round).

sparechange Mon 10-Oct-16 11:04:16

They do afternoon tea as well, would that be her thing?

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 11:05:14

She'd love it but we'll be at the theatre then.

bigbadbarry Mon 10-Oct-16 11:35:42

Oh, sparechange it is fully booked that day sad Any more similarly brilliant suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now