Open House London weekend recommendations?

(4 Posts)
OldLagNewName Sat 10-Sep-16 11:38:07

I was to take the DC to some of this next Sunday (ages 8 and 10). But I'm overwhelmed with all the choice (and the rather unhelpful filters). I thought about 10, Downing Street, but there's a lottery for that, so it seems unlikely we'd get that. And some of the other iconic buildings I thought of (like The Gherkin) seem to have rather stressful arrangements like being in groups, strictly timed, with full body scans!

Can anyone recommend any fun/exciting/amazing places likely to enthuse this kind of age of kids but that don't have stringent security or huge crowds? Central-ish boroughs preferred, unless there are a couple together in an outer borough.

OldLagNewName Sat 10-Sep-16 19:18:04

want not was. I am still hopeful of doing so.

Bloodybridget Sat 17-Sep-16 07:31:11

I just searched to see if anyone was talking about Open House. Have you got a plan yet? We are in Hackney, can only do today, aiming to visit three private houses (nothing like a good snoop at a fancy architect conversion) and Graeae theatre company's premises. To interest children, I'd probably go for an office building that had amazing features, a Guild Hall (Fishmongers on London Bridge?), maybe a school? Hope you have a good time.

OldLagNewName Sun 18-Sep-16 08:55:56

Thanks! Did you have a good day? I got overwhelmed with the choice so have palmed the DC off on DP for the day and am just going to do things that I fancy, probably housing estates, cos I'm really interested in those -such high hopes! So rarely realised...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now