Please tell me about London dungeon

(11 Posts)
Magazinepile Wed 10-Aug-16 19:08:22

Thinking of taking my niece (14) and nephew (11) to London dungeon on Friday. Whats it like? Would you recommend? Would it be suitable for them and me? Are there rides or is it more of a walk around and see actors dressed up? Niece says she's worried it'll be scary and not her thing as she isn't a fan of rides and I've never been so just wondering what it's like! smile

Queenbean Wed 10-Aug-16 19:10:23

It's a walk around while actors are dressed up and then they jump out at you / give you a guided tour and tell you the history of it

There is a scary bit where you can walk through it by yourself which is a bit gruesome so maybe avoid that, but it's good fun

Make sure you get a 2-4-1 voucher or something because it's not worth the full price

Magazinepile Wed 10-Aug-16 19:36:14

Ok thank you queen that's good to know. Would you recommend it for the cost?
Have people been and thought it was suitable for their age kids? Thx X

Magazinepile Wed 10-Aug-16 20:55:05

Was it really crowded?

Magazinepile Thu 11-Aug-16 10:31:00

Anyone else been? X

ImYourMama Thu 11-Aug-16 10:33:20

I don't like dark/enclosed spaces and it's my idea of hell, we went and a couple of kids around 10 came out crying

Mummabear22 Thu 11-Aug-16 10:47:36

It's mainly a walk around. There are a couple of rides but one is just like a boat ride and the other is scary as its a drop ride but you can miss this one (I did as I was pregnant at the time).

ConkerTriumphant Thu 11-Aug-16 10:48:16

I did it with 2 eight years old, they loved it!

Magazinepile Thu 11-Aug-16 18:11:08

Do you know why they were crying mama?

And do the rides make you feel sick? Or are they just fun and quite short? X

Bananasandchocolatecustard Thu 11-Aug-16 18:15:01

I don't like rats so I was not happy that an employee was standing in the entrance with one on his shoulder. There are rats in a case inside as well.

Fuckingmoles Thu 11-Aug-16 18:28:06

I don't like it - when I went they had a display about the Jack the Ripper murders that I found extremely distasteful and glorified what were horrific crimes against women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now