what MUST we do in Blackpool!??

(8 Posts)
ichoosesleep Thu 02-Jun-16 11:33:49

Me and DH havnt been since we were tiny. We are currently on the way there now and we are expecting it to have changed a bit in the last 20 years. Any recommendations on what we should visit and do when we get there? We are going to take them up the tower and we have brought towels and swim stuff if it's warm enough on the beach. We are currently lost in Salford so we have plenty of time for your responses grin

muminthecity Thu 02-Jun-16 11:48:29

DD (10) and I have just spent 3 days in Blackpool and loved it. The weather has been great so we've spent lots of time on the beach. DD loved the pleasure beach, it's expensive but worth it, there's loads to do. We also went to sandcastle indoor water park yesterday which was brilliant, though the queues for the big slides were really long. Would recommend booking online for both the pleasure beach and the water park to save queuing and to save a bit of money too. I hope this lovely weather lasts a bit longer for you!

lavenderdoilly Thu 02-Jun-16 11:54:37

Stanley Park playground is fab. Model village next door is pricey but good fun. Zoo over the road is pretty good. Tram up to Fleetwood for lovely views of Lakes and beach walks. The Tower. Any of the piers. Fresh fresh air that will do anyone the world of good. Donkey rides. Enjoy it.

lavenderdoilly Thu 02-Jun-16 12:21:11

The whole of Stanley Park is fab in case you think I just mean the playground.

ChaostheCat Thu 02-Jun-16 12:28:06

The Tower, walking on glass floor at the top is an experience! The Tower Ballroom is fabulous (and they do a reasonably priced afternoon tea). Have a wander round the 'Comedy Carpet' just in front of the Tower, lots of quotes from various comedians & comedy shows. There are various sculptures along the front which are quite interesting. I think you can have tea leaves read by a lady on one of the piers if you fancy that sort of thing!

ichoosesleep Fri 03-Jun-16 11:40:56

Thankyou so much everyone and sorry I couldn't reply my signal and Internet connection just was having none of it while we were there! Well we had an amazing time we went up the tower and watched the 4d thing. Went to get icecream and burgers. Went in the amusements and the beach last. It was so warm and the kids played in the water that had made a big pool near the steps and the water was really warm! We will definitely be going back again maybe to stay overnight so we can visit the rides. DH lost his grandad this week and always went with him when he was little so really wanted to go back and reminisce.

ichoosesleep Fri 03-Jun-16 11:41:26

Thankyou so much everyone and sorry I couldn't reply my signal and Internet connection just was having none of it while we were there! Well we had an amazing time we went up the tower and watched the 4d thing. Went to get icecream and burgers. Went in the amusements and the beach last. It was so warm and the kids played in the water that had made a big pool near the steps and the water was really warm! We will definitely be going back again maybe to stay overnight so we can visit the rides. DH lost his grandad this week and always went with him when he was little so really wanted to go back and reminisce.

JadziaSnax Fri 03-Jun-16 11:43:27

The beach at St Annes is really nice but it's a pain to find parking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now