Small festival good for toddlers

(13 Posts)
boomboomchickaboom Sat 02-Apr-16 22:41:19

Anyone know of a festival which is good for toddlers? Something not too big, with a kids area (DC is very active so will need a toddler tolerant place to run around once or twice a day), a good atmosphere for the adults and family camping.

TisIthecat Sat 02-Apr-16 22:52:27

If you want a fabulous festival designed around kids, Just So is very good. It has a beach, pirate training, woods to explore, a gruffalo and a fairy queen to find, lots of drama, music, story telling, camp fires...

jclm Sat 02-Apr-16 22:53:04

Following. Camp bestival is meant to be a very good one,but not small and prices are very expensive

thatwhichwecallarose Sat 02-Apr-16 22:55:21

Where are you based? There a a couple of non camping festivals in my area that we took my then 1 & 4 yo to last year.

thatwhichwecallarose Sat 02-Apr-16 22:56:08

Sorry - just seen you specifically mention family camping. But you might want to try a day festival first?

whifflesqueak Sat 02-Apr-16 22:56:53

I've never been, but am looking into Starry Skies.

i think it just aims to be a safe place for kids to roam around like feral beasts, with a reasonably priced beer tent and local bands for the grown ups.

whifflesqueak Sat 02-Apr-16 22:58:50

starry skies

TotalConfucius Sat 02-Apr-16 23:01:32

'Chilled in a Field' festival at The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, Kent is on 29-31 July this year. Free activities for children all day.

boomboomchickaboom Sun 03-Apr-16 00:20:21

Thatwhichwecallarose hadn't thought of a non-camping one. So it's just a day thing? Might be good to try that first. We're in West Yorkshire near Halifax.

thatwhichwecallarose Mon 04-Apr-16 22:57:48

We've done victorious & common people with our two girls and they loved them. Victorious has a totally free children's area and a children's stage (last year was Mr. Bloom), which helps! Both are miles away from you (south coast) but I'm sure they are some near you.

Look for free kids activities, acts especially for them and whether you can take food and/or go out and back in again!

And enjoy!!

ceeveebee Mon 04-Apr-16 23:03:35

There's Geronimo which is totally kid focussed - it's on in May at Tatton Park (south Manchester) and am sure I saw it was going to somewhere in Yorkshire too.

boomboomchickaboom Tue 12-Apr-16 10:22:47

Thanks everyone! We've booked Geronimo for 1 day to see how we get on. That's in May so if it goes well we can try something more ambitious later in the summer

mrsholden Tue 19-Apr-16 21:52:19

Me and my family went to car fest north for 1 day last year and my kids loved it, aged 1 and 2, were going for the whole weekend this time smilesmile it's not just about racing cars there were diggers they could climb and ride on, raf helecopter they went in, bikes yo ride, stunt shows, the list goes on..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now