THE LEGOLAND 2016 Tips Hints Reviews and Questions answered here!

(90 Posts)
HRHQueenMe Sat 02-Apr-16 21:53:02

Link to last years thread LEGOLAND 2015 Thread

There are quite a few seasoned Legolanders on mumsnet, and we are all happy to answer questions. The basics are all covered in the first posts of last years thread, otherwise please ask again.

None of us work for or are associated in any way with Legoland. We are all local parents with annual passes.

Please add reviews good or bad to help others! This is a happy friendly thread, now running for the 4th year! Happy Legolanding!

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 02-Apr-16 22:08:59

We went this week the kids loved it. My only real bug bear is not realising that if you pay for a locker then every time you open it you have to put in another pound and typically I didn't have another one. If the lockers are there for people's convenience then the least they can do is actually make it convenient!

Other than that a fab time was had and we didn't seem to queue too long

Pengillygirl Sun 03-Apr-16 08:13:34

Speaking from experience on the first visit of the year, Legoland has a fantastic fully equipped first aid room, staffed by lovely paramedics. DC got very very well looked after after a minor incident, and now thinks its an actual attraction and is asking to do the ''legoland hospital'' again......
in all seriousness, they were pretty awesome and very thorough.

Mannymac2000 Sun 10-Apr-16 15:31:00

Hi. We are thinking of going to Legoland at the end of June. Around 22nd. We are coming from Northern Ireland via ferry. Dd is 5. We are doing the package with the 2 days entry for the price of one. I'm just wondering is there enough for her on the park to justify the second day. If not would anyone have any suggestions of things to do close by. I've looked trip advisor but nothing really jumps out. And I'm not even sure if I need to worry about something else if the park has ample things to keep her occupied!!!

I was seriously considering Harry Potter studio tour (I'm such a geek lol) but I dead to think of that with a 5yo in tow!!!

cuntycowfacemonkey Sun 10-Apr-16 16:08:29

I think you could get two full days out of it with a 5 year old. You won't be a able to do all the rides in one day, plus if the weather us your there is the water park bit too. If you decide to go somewhere else though chessington world of adventure is not far.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 10-Apr-16 16:11:55

Harry Potter tour is fine with five year olds - I think DS2 was four the first time we went.

We are camping near Legoland this summer and hugely looking forward to it again. God bless the Merlin pass...

HRHQueenMe Sun 10-Apr-16 18:07:20

There is loads for a 5 year old, and great playgrounds as well. You can easily fill 2 days. Harry Potter is good, lots to look at and the broomride is fun, but it does take 4 hours + if you want to look at everything, so bear that in mind!

Mannymac2000 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:51:05

We're doing the Lego package deal. One days entry and one day free. Might do the first day at Lego land and see how we get on. It seemed like a good idea at the time lol

AimUnder Mon 11-Apr-16 14:00:53

Is Lego land suitable for a 16 year old interested in roller coasters?

JackandDiane Mon 11-Apr-16 14:01:59

these threads make me laugh - fair enough if it were abroad, but LEGOLAND? its a day trip. take water, be prepared to q

Buzzardbird Mon 11-Apr-16 14:16:38

Hello, taking DD (9) for first time this week. Will only be there for a few hours so could anyone recommend which are the must see bits for a 9 yr old please?

TheresADogOnYourBalls Mon 11-Apr-16 14:27:36

AimUnder - no, definitely not. There are no 'big' rides at all. Unless your 16 year old really likes Lego they will be bored.

AimUnder Mon 11-Apr-16 14:35:57

Thanks there's! Can you recommend a theme park that will cater for 16 year old and a 2 year old please?

northerngoldilocks Mon 11-Apr-16 14:42:02

Aim under - maybe Thomas land as its part of Drayton manor

PandasRock Mon 11-Apr-16 14:49:22

For a 16 yr old and a 2 yr old, try Alton Towers.

Lots of bigger roller coasters for 16 yr old and CBeebies land for 2 yr old.

Not much to do all together except have lunch and do the cable car, but there is also the water park next door to all swim together?

TheresADogOnYourBalls Mon 11-Apr-16 14:49:41

I would go for Chessington if you're down South. You've got all sorts of rides, animals, and the Sea Life Centre. There's also really good indoor and outdoor play areas, (one goes around and above the monkeys!). We've got Merlin passes, so have done them all, and I would rate them:
Legoland - 12 years and under

Chessington - something for everyone!

Thorpe Park - 6/7 years and over, although there's a nice beach/paddling area with slides which is great for little ones, (weather permitting of course!). The 'big' rides here are fantastic, so if you can go alone with your 16 year old they would love it.

Alton Towers - main park 6/7 years plus BUT they now have Cbeebies land, so something for everyone there too. Also fantastic 'big' rides!

Hope that helps, really any of the last 3 would be fine, but Chessington is probably the best for all the family to get the most out of your visit.

InDeNile Mon 11-Apr-16 16:03:18

What a helpful idea for a thread. We live about 4 hours away, so it's more of an adventure than "just a day trip" for us smile.

We will probably visit for 2 days, as it's a one-off/before starting school treat for DS (he's 4.5 and Lego MAD).

I was originally planning on using Tesco vouchers, which would be £40 for the 3 of us for the first day, but does anyone know if that would make us ineligible for "come back the next day" offers? (Or if such a thing even exists!)

I don't suppose you can combine Tesco and Kellogg's offers, can you?

We have a camper van so will probably camp nearby - has anyone done this and can recommend a campsite?

PseudoBadger Mon 11-Apr-16 16:06:23

Am I right in thinking local schools are back this week? We are still off and thinking of coming on Friday...

HRHQueenMe Mon 11-Apr-16 16:59:57

Local scools back tomorrow Pseudo!

There is currently a come back tomorrow for £1 offer at Chessington, not sure it applies for Legoland!

HRHQueenMe Mon 11-Apr-16 17:00:40

And you cant combine offers with Tesco as they all require a full paying adult.

HRHQueenMe Mon 11-Apr-16 17:03:21

JackandDiane, please dont be rude, people are asking questions, and we are just answering. Its a very expensive day out and if you plan ahead you can really make the most of it! It canbe pretty daunting if you are going on your own and its busy,

cuntycowfacemonkey Mon 11-Apr-16 17:27:33

It is ridiculously expensive especially if you don't have an annual pass and it's a one off visit. It would be very easy to come away feeling disapointed with the day and a lot of money wasted. People here are just trying to be nice and make sure people get the best out of there visit. Nice people trying help others out or snarky mare coming on a thread just to mock? Hmm I know which sort of person I prefer hmm

Iggi999 Mon 11-Apr-16 17:34:17

Jackanddiane - how insular must you be to think that everyone on Mumsnet lives within a day trip radius of Windsor.

Runwayqueen Tue 12-Apr-16 22:07:39

We are doing the two for one package on 5/6 June. Having read the two last threads we are very excited. Dd (5) is very much looking forward to the driving lesson.

One question though, I have sphincter of the oddi, I have little to no warning when I need to go to the loo. I'm entitled to a 'I need the loo' card and a radar key, it's the bad. Are there plenty of toilets? I'm worried that I will get caught short

cuntycowfacemonkey Tue 12-Apr-16 22:19:45

If you go on the legoland website there is a park map so you can familiarise yourself with where the toilets are. I would imagine there are toilets in each zone but not sure in terms of distance what the furthest distance away you might find yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now