Liverpool day trip with 2 year old

(4 Posts)
starfish8 Tue 23-Feb-16 14:18:58

Live in Manchester and am thinking of taking my 2 year old on a day trip to Liverpool on the train (local station goes directly to Liverpool Lime St).

Ideas I had were World Museum and I read somewhere there is a children's gallery in the Walker Art Gallery next door? (Both very near to Lime St)

Would anyone vouch for these places or can recommend anywhere else to visit in the city? I think Albert Docks will be too much to do in one day as well, so anywhere else that is very central to the main Liverpool city area.

Even anywhere for a bite to eat/coffee near by would be useful to know.

Thanks!

puddock Tue 23-Feb-16 14:21:59

If it was me I'd head to the Museum of Liverpool on the waterfront (really not far - there's small yellow buses that do regular loops) and explore that for a bit - especially the LIttle Liverpool exhibit, perfect for little children - and then do a circular trip on the ferry.

puddock Tue 23-Feb-16 14:27:46

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/mol/visit/galleries/little-liverpool/

If you get the right MerseyTravel card (or equivalent bundled in with your train ticket from Manchester) it includes the buses and the ferry too.

We often eat in the cafe at the Catholic cathedral - not totally central (though also on the circular bus route).

starfish8 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:20:39

Thanks forgot there was another museum in Liverpool but might be too much of a hike with a 2 year old who hates his pushchair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now