So if I can get to London ....

(13 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 10:32:33

market none fairly easily. how would I get to London zoo or the planetarium from there?

two options here in case one is too tricky to get to.

oh and dd2 is five so is it madness anyway?

tia smile

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 10:32:58

marleybone

ffs phone

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 10:48:09

anyone?

Seriouslyffs Mon 15-Feb-16 10:53:22

TFL is a good start. Although some of the options are a bit off. I'd get a bus from Marylebone to the zoo rather than tube to Camden or Portland Place just because there's lots of walking once you're at the zoo. Get a travel card included in your day return rather than faff about with contact less or Oysters.
Although it's half term it's not too busy, but cold though so wrap up warm and plan an inside lunch and -numerous hot chocolate stops.

dinkystinky Mon 15-Feb-16 10:58:30

London Zoo - bus from Marylebone or , if weather nice, get Bakerloo line to Regents Park, wander through the park (stopping for a play at playground) and head to Zoo in the park, then get bus back to Marylebone afterwards. It really isn't far as the crow flies from Marylebone

TFl.gov.uk website good for planning routes and getting idea of times. Definitely get a travel card included in your day return as buses are all no cash now so you'd have to get an oyster card and charge it up or use a contactless bank card to pay otherwise.

Seriouslyffs Mon 15-Feb-16 10:59:15

Re tfl and off options it asks you to select which London zoo stop off you want. Pretty detailed knowledge IMHO! The 274 bus goes from Marylebone and in I think the best option.
What about the planetarium instead? I love London Zoo but it was a bit disappointing last time I went- no elephants lions and we couldn't see tigers. And very expensive, def look out for 2:1 tickets- possibly with your train?

Seriouslyffs Mon 15-Feb-16 11:01:20

And it's not madness! I'm doing tidying and shopping with my jaded teenagers today, I miss the half terms with little ones.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 11:03:31

So if I buy an all zone travel card at my local station that will cover buses too?

the bus sounds like a good option thanks.

and how would I do the planetarium?

Seriouslyffs Mon 15-Feb-16 12:05:41

You can use travel cards in the bus, just for you, your DS is free. It's one bus from Marylebone to the planetarium.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 12:08:10

thank you seriously

I hadn't thought of using buses.

so one train and one bus for either venue. that's fab. thank you smile

Seriouslyffs Mon 15-Feb-16 12:09:32

Bus 453 for the planetarium.
Buses are much more fun grin

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 12:15:01

brilliant thank you!!!

PatriciaHolm Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:25

The bus from Marylebone to Greenwich for the planetarium is direct, but will take about 75 minutes on a good day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now