harry potter studio - studio package or no?

(8 Posts)
WhamBamSpam Sun 31-Jan-16 13:55:20

I'm baffled by all the different options. can anyone recommend if its worth buying the complete studio tour package or just the regular ticket. will have one HP-crazy 9 year old, one semi interested 6 year old and a 2 year old.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 31-Jan-16 14:00:19

What extras do you get with the package?

bruffin Sun 31-Jan-16 14:03:06

We went last week without the package. Bought a brochure on ebay.
The commentary has video as well as sound but we didnt miss it.

WhamBamSpam Sun 31-Jan-16 14:25:25

website says you get a digital guide and a souvenir brochure I think.

bruffin Sun 31-Jan-16 20:02:32

Depends whether you want 4 brochures or not. The 2 year old wont need the commentary. All the children will get a little book anyway which they can get stamped on the way round. Once you have bought the tickets you can go back and order brochures and guides seperately. Think you can buy 4 guides for £12 and a brochure is £10. We paid £6 on ebay.

WhamBamSpam Mon 01-Feb-16 15:10:34

Thanks. Booked the basic ticket.

Bunbaker Mon 08-Feb-16 21:07:27

I would seriously reconsider taking a two year old as there will be nothing of interest for them.

I took DD when she was 13 and there is such a lot to see and absorb that anyone who is not interested or too young to appreciate it will be utterly bored.

ArriettyMatilda Sat 12-Mar-16 05:21:10

I took nearly two year old dd with us for my birthday in December. I think at her age she was still just happy to be spending time with family and was happy enough to look at some things. We took a sling so we could carry her if she got tired, but she really did just enjoy walking with us. I'd agree that a three or four year old may be more vocal about being bored if it didn't interest them and they were too young to watch the films. Has the six year old watched the film? We had standard tickets, I don't feel like we missed out by not having the commentary. I might get it if I ever go without children in tow, or if I go with dd as a teenager.

Enjoy, it's magical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now