Kidzania Westfields London anyone visited? Is it good?

(7 Posts)
uberconscious Tue 15-Dec-15 12:34:37

Hi I've seen the Kidzania online site london.kidzania.com/en-uk/

Has anyone visted? What did you think of it?

I have a DD 19 months.

BlueSmarties76 Tue 15-Dec-15 12:35:22

I've been wondering too. Watching thread.

mrsglowglow Sun 20-Dec-15 23:54:12

I've been with kids of 10 and 9. Brilliant day out and intend going back as they still have loads of jobs to try out.

Personally, I think its suited to kids from 4 upwards.

uberconscious Thu 24-Dec-15 14:12:04

Thanks glowglow! Really helpful as it would have been a shame to spend the entry fee and not really get the full benefit with an under 2 year old!

Do you or anyone coming across this thread have opinions about toddler activities from the perspective of...

Is it good for them to play with pots / pans / tree branches / whatever they find around the house / garden and let them explore without the gadgets and high tech sensory?

or

Do you benefit from the theme park adventure settings such as Legoland / Shreks adventure / winter wonderland type places?

I appreciate that it depends on the personality of the child and disposable income for the sometimes expensive entry prices to children's activity parks. I'm curious about more experienced parent's experiences and views. :-)

mrsglowglow Sat 26-Dec-15 19:28:31

Best thing for toddlers is every day objects in the house and gardens. I can remember the days where a pile of leaves or the utensil pot would fascinate mine. As for days out at that age I would say freedom is more important. Instead of an expensive and crowded theme park, a park or beach is more enjoyable. Climbing up and rolling down hills, running through the trees. All free so no need to do the more expensive days until they're older and also less stressful for you. Miss those days...

mrsglowglow Sat 26-Dec-15 19:37:04

Also hold off from iPads etc for as long as possible. They are useful but child development needs real objects and experiences. I saw a video where they were observing babies/toddlers with a book and some of them were swiping or pressing at the pages as they had learnt this should make something happen. Maybe this is how humans are evolving to keep up with our techno world but it freaks me out at how quickly our development is changing.

uberconscious Tue 29-Dec-15 16:36:52

Mrsglowglow your logic makes total sense. Thanks for removing the guilt I was carrying for not doing more. You're right. We don't have any gadgets other than a portable DVD player with kids educational videos. Only used while I cook. Thanks for taking the time to share your view! I totally agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now