Legoland and London - where to stay?

(10 Posts)
igglu Tue 28-Jul-15 17:50:35

I need some help from the Legoland experts! We've decided to have a last minute trip to Legoland on Friday, we're planning to drive down on Friday morning, stay overnight somewhere and then have a day in London on Saturday with the kids.

I can see some hotels in the Hounslow/Brentford Lock area that seem a decent price and look as though they would be an easyish drive from Legoland on Friday evening. I'm not sure how easy it is to get into central London from Hounslow though? And is it easy to park near a train/tube station on a Saturday? We'd go quite early to make the most of the day.

Sorry if this is already covered in the Legoland thread, I did a search but can't find anything. Thanks smile

FinallyHere Tue 28-Jul-15 17:59:23

Well, i live not far from Legoland, and work not far from Brentford. You would think that I could help, but I'm afraid i just wouldn't do that drive on a Friday evening. Sorry. I think I would probably try the hotels near Jn6 M4 to stay, holiday In express, copthorne, travel lodge, premier Inn and then drive and get a train in from Slough station on the Saturday.

Can't help with parking near tube stations on a Saturday. Its always busy on a weekday and Saturdays are bound to be different.

Not a lot of help, sorry. Hope you find something that works.

igglu Tue 28-Jul-15 18:20:45

Thanks Finally. I did wonder about Slough, but wasn't sure if it was too far out. Sounds like it might be the best option though.

franksidebottom Tue 28-Jul-15 22:59:04

Slough is close to legoland. I think it's only one stop on the mainline to Windsor or you can get a bus direct from there to legoland. Slough not the nicest of places but fine to stay for a night. I'm doing this myself in august staying at the holiday inn express, spending 2 days at legoland. Never been before

igglu Tue 28-Jul-15 23:11:20

Thanks frankside. Slough is definitely looking like the option I'll go for. We've been to Legoland before but we've never done one day in the park and then the next day on London so it's thrown me a bit!

cece Tue 28-Jul-15 23:31:15

You can park at Hounslow train station. However, I am not sure I would want to leave my car unattended that long n Hounslow...

Driving from Hounslow/Brentford to LEGOLAND on a Friday night would be a quite a busy route.

I'd look at staying in Windsor or somewhere nice on Friday night then drive to Richmond and get the train/tube from there on Saturday morning.

cece Tue 28-Jul-15 23:32:51

I mean the Hounslow tube stations would be harder to find parking as you would have to park on the street.

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 28-Jul-15 23:39:42

I can't help with hotels but if I was going from Legoland to central London I'd Park at Ealing Broadway shopping centre carpark (easy to get to and prices [[ http://www.ealingbroadwayshopping.co.uk/dialogue-reveal/nojs/facilities here]],
then go across the road to Ealing Broadway tube (District and Central lines, I think).
ExH parks there whenever he has to go to cental London. We used to live nearby.

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 28-Jul-15 23:40:44

Sorry, try again with Link:
reasonable parking charges

igglu Wed 29-Jul-15 17:22:57

Thanks everyone. I knew MN would be able to help grin I think parking at Ealing Broadway sounds like a good idea. I was a bit concerned about how much it would cost to leave the car somewhere all day but that looks quite reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now