Chessington fast track, does anyone know?

(5 Posts)
Metalguru Mon 29-Jun-15 19:55:56

Just wondering whether to buy the ridiculously overpriced Chessington fast track tickets for ds and friend, it's a very special birthday and we can only go in peak time due to work. They are £56 a pop, and give you unlimited fastback on every ride apparently. They never complain about waiting for rides (they love parks!) but I thought it would make the day really special, plus they will get to go on everything. Has anyone bought these and would you recommend? Also, are they wristbands, photo passes, or something else, as the friend has issues with having things tight around wrists (long story!)

Any advice much appreciated (plus anything general as never been to this particular park) grin thanks!

Ragusa Wed 29-Jul-15 20:54:29

I don't know about your practical questions but if they definitely get you right to the front of the queue then yes, I would go for them as the queues at Chessington are generally atrocious, really really bad (e.g., can be up to 1h 30), in the school holidays. To the point where we don't go during these times, despite having Merlin passes and living very close by.

Depending on the age of the children and what sort of thing they like I would consider fast-tracks for THorpe Park instead maybe? There are more proper rollercoasters there but you do need to be over 1.4m to go on most of them.

The price though! shock. What a wheeze.

PlayingHouse Sat 01-Aug-15 23:43:01

Mu friend went yesterday and didn't queue at all hardly

Lots staying away because of Alton Towers accident

VelmaD Sat 01-Aug-15 23:46:55

My son won't wear wristbands as he has ASD (though aged 9 he has just started tolerating them) - Chessington took a look at his ASD diagnosis papers and gave us a queue jumper pass for free.

Does your friends son have similar?

Metalguru Fri 07-Aug-15 22:05:59

Thanks all, sorry I didn't look at this post for a while, I spoke to chessington and they said they would put the wristband on his belt buckle which my friend said would be fine smile but I have been looking at queue times and don't seem too bad so may risk it and possibly buy individual ride passes on the day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now